|Opportunities for community service hours are available for those who need to do such service for school, court, parole officer, or at a lawyers suggestion. You can do community service at either of our Habitat ReStores.Those who wish to do community service must:
- Be able to commit to a schedule.
- Be at least 12 years of age.
- For court ordered or recommended community service we reserve the right to decline having you take part based on the specific charges.
Steps for community service:
- Before you wish to begin contact our volunteer manager to receive a Community Service Time Sheet.
- When you arrive, show yourself to the ReStore Manager as someone performing community service. Have the Habitat representative at the site sign your time sheet each time you work.
- When you complete your hours, return the time sheet (fax # or email) to the Volunteer Coordinator at the Habitat office. Only when you have completed your community service hours will a letter be given to you. It is your responsibility to make sure that your hours are recorded and return your time sheet to the Volunteer Manager.
Other Important Notes:
- All volunteers must sign a HFHNV Volunteer Waiver.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you do not mind getting dirty. Closed toed shoes (work boots or tennis shoes) are required. Sandals are not allowed.
- In order to complete your hours you must plan your time well in advance. Habitat assumes no responsibility for providing work for you to do on the dates and times you want to do it.
- Habitat ReStore Managers will assign you to the task where you are most needed.
After your community service is over, if you would like to continue to volunteer with Habitat please let us know.
Youth ages 12 – 15 can do community service at the store, but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (21 years or older)