Due to high interest in volunteering, construction opportunities do fill up fast! Please read below and sign up for our email list to be notified when we need construction volunteers. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support of Habitat NOVA!
If you have any questions, please contact our Volunteer Manager, Erica Painter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Can Volunteer?
- Volunteers ages 16 and older are welcome on our construction sites! Each volunteer must fill out a Volunteer Waiver; volunteers under the age of 18 must have this waiver signed by a parent or guardian and are unable to use power tools.
- Don’t have construction experience? Don’t worry, we’re here to help! We have a site supervisor on each construction site that will give you instructions and help you get started. Site leaders will always be available to answer any questions and provide you with support throughout the day.
- The Last Saturday of each month is a Community Volunteer Day and spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to be notified about upcoming or last-minute construction opportunities, please sign up for our volunteer opportunity email!
- Community groups, businesses and individuals can sponsor a build day and volunteer with up to 12 people. For more information on sponsoring a group build, please contact our Director of Development at email@example.com.
Know Before You Go!
- Please read our Construction Safety Policy before arriving at the build site. Construction volunteers must wear long pants and hiking boots or work boots (steel-toed boots are preferred but not required). All other personal protective equipment will be provided by Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia.
- We will provide you with water on the construction site, but don’t forget to pack a sack lunch!
Are you too young to volunteer on the construction site but still want to be involved? Consider signing up as a family or group to deliver lunches to the volunteers on site!