Do you need help with home repairs?
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia facilitates home repairs for homeowners in need. We are currently seeking applications from homeowners in the City of Falls Church. Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia is dedicated to preserving or restoring the vibrant character of neighborhoods in Northern Virginia through help to low-income families with needed home repairs. We help homeowners affected by age, disability, and family circumstances who struggle to keep up the exterior of their homes, to revitalize their homes and improve their communities. Able-bodied homeowners work along with the volunteers in a cooperative effort.
Who Is Eligible?
- Own and occupy a home that could benefit from short-term exterior improvements.
- Earn an income between 30% and 80% of the area median income (AMI is $106,400 for a family of four in Northern Virginia, therefore a family of four earning $86,000 or less may be eligible.)
- Be a willing partner, with sweat equity if able, in creative ways if unable.
- Be unable to afford to pay for repairs by conventional means.
- Possess current homeowner’s insurance.
How Do I Apply?
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
Home Repair Program
716 S. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22204
For more information, contact Romana Sánchez at email@example.com by phone at (703) 521-9890 ext 112.
What Type of Service Do We Provide?
We are able to complete remodeling, renovation, and revitalization projects using volunteer work days, with costs up to $5,000. We will decrease costs to homeowners through donated materials, community or corporate sponsorships, and no-interest loans. Repairs include but are not limited to the following:
- Exterior painting
- Ramps and accessible doorways
- Roof repair
- Fence repair
- Siding repair
Can I Be a Sponsor?
The answer to this question is always, “Yes!” Habitat Northern Virginia is seeking sponsorships for home repair projects. The cost of each renovation ranges from $1,000 to $10,000. Companies, faith groups, community organizations, and people can choose to sponsor a home in full or partner with others to share the sponsorship. Sponsors are entitled to volunteer opportunities and will receive recognition and visibility benefits.
For more information, contact Peter Larson, Director of Development at (703) 521-9890 ext. 103.