Collegiate Challenge/Spring Break Groups
No current opportunities at Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia
High School Club Listings
Do you want your high school Habitat Club added to this list? Send your club information and a photo of your members and we will highlight your group on our website! firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adopt-A-Day in the ReStore
- Commit to fill the same shift every month for an extended period (i.e. three months) with at least three members of your group
- Help Habitat raise funds to build more homes while making a positive impact on the environment and the community
- Price merchandise, help customers, stock shelves
- Volunteer in a low-key and informal environment
- Ages: Volunteers ages 12 – 15 are welcome to volunteer with parent or guardian supervision. (One adult supervisor for every 4 youth volunteers 12 – 15), while volunteers 16+ can volunteer without supervision.
Lunch Team Opportunity
- (March – November) Provide much-needed support to A Brush with Kindness crews by volunteering to prepare and deliver lunches to the work site! We typically have volunteers on the work site Wednesday and Saturday during the week.
Group Build Opportunities
- Currently Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia has limited build opportunities due to the high cost and low availability of land in our service area. Currently we restrict construction opportunities to our A Brush with Kindness Program (ABWK).
- All ABWK volunteers MUST be at least 16 years old to participate.
- ABWK is an outdoor renovation program and we expect having volunteers on our sites from March – November.
- We build on Wednesdays and Saturdays during the week. We typically have 4 – 8 volunteers on an ABWK site.
- There is a donation required to participate as a group on the ABWK build site. Please contact Rachel for the amount needed to sponsor a youth group build day! email@example.com.
Service Trips/ Traveling Group Trips
- Unfortunately, due to lack of build opportunities at this time, we are unable to host groups for build weeks.
Hold a Fundraiser
Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia can send you brochures and pamphlets to hand out at your fundraiser! If you would like a staff member of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia to attend your event please let us know as soon as possible so that we can confirm our schedules! Please contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or ideas!
- Car Wash
- Candy, Flower or Bake Sale
- Build and raffle off a play house
- Tool Drive: Raise money to buy tools needed to construct Habitat homes.
Spread the word/Advocate!
- Represent our affiliate at community events.
- Organize a letter writing campaign to show local lawmakers that youths in the community care about the lack of affordable housing available in Northern Virginia - http://www.habitat.org/gov/default.aspx
- Write Thank you Cards for Volunteers that will be handed out at our Construction Sites, ReStores, and Community events (contact Rachel email@example.com for Sample Cards!)
- Become a fan on Facebook :
- Invite your friends and family to a party and tell them about Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia and what we do.
- Make a batch of house or hammer shaped cookies, decorate them and distribute them, along with informational postcards to friends and family members.
- Have another idea? Please share your idea with us!