Jon has served as Executive Director of Habitat for Humanity of Northern Virginia (Habitat NOVA) since September 2012. Under his direction, the affiliate has significantly amplified its reputation as a valued partner and trusted community leader. With a deep belief in our mission to ensure strong and stable communities and families through affordable homeownership, Jon drives a results-oriented management process that focuses on creating, implementing, and sustaining a robust pipeline of growth projects across all departments. Key markers for his success to-date include:
- Building out a high-performing leadership team with notable expertise in nonprofit management, retail sales, and construction.
- Developing a sustainable portfolio of land development projects.
- Increasing ReStore revenue with an eye toward funding 100% of the affiliate’s operational costs through proceeds.
- Ensuring financial health by revitalizing resource development.
- Embedding Habitat NOVA as a vanguard thought leader and field-of-interest advocate among prominent cross-sector coalitions including government, civic, faith-based, and public/private communities of action.
Prior to his appointment at Habitat, Jon served as Senior Pastor and Interim Senior Pastor for Presbyterian Churches in Virginia, Maryland, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Scotland. Throughout Jon’s church and community leadership, he has worked to help each organization to envision its future and mission, to leave behind outgrown programs and policies, and to move into the future of an organization able to put heart and hands into the work of outreach to those suffering economically or financially in its community.
Currently he serves on the Board of Directors for the Northern Virginia Affordable Housing Alliance and the Affordable Housing Opportunity Means Everyone (AHOME), as well as the Fairfax County Affordable Housing Advisory Committee. Jon holds a B.A., M. Div. (Master of Divinity), as well as a Ph.D. in Theology.